Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to me !!!

Yesterday was my birthday. My dear friends, Sally and Marilyn, surprised me with a lovely bouquet of a dozen roses... a plaque that could be used as a garden stone as well.. and a couple pairs of corduroy jeans. Wow! Thank you gals.
I waited till the morning of my birthday to open the gift Rhonda sent... A lovely box with compartments full of scrap booking and card making supplies AND an album. Donya added some cherry items, a bird feeder with a blue bird to hang it from with the saying 'life is just a bowl of cherries', and a new night gown covered in cherries AND a new case for my camera, with cherries.

I can't show you the special (favorite of mine) lemon cookies Fred and Michelle brought over. yum !!

As much as I love the gifts, and the kind thoughts that go with them, it is a reminder of having used up another year and not really feeling like I have made it count.

I ended the day with bed and breakfast guests from near Fargo ND.. on their way to Missouri for a college reunion.

It was a fun day .. life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment