Friday, May 22, 2009

Bluebells, dandylion and art

Donya is so talented with photography, and took this photo of the bluebells the day we went to the Devonia Swap Meet. It is such a lovely piece of Iowa.

I used her camera to snap this nice shot of Donya in the bluebells field. I had to take about 6 shots, as I kept holding the camera a bit wonky.
Mmmmm dandylions. This was our first harvest of blossoms this year.

And a photo of the goodies cooking after being dipped in the thin pancake batter. The dandylion was brought to America to keep the first settlers from starving. My ancestors arrived on the second 'shipment' of pilgrims. It is probably good that they were made of sturdy stock and cheap to keep.. did not require much food to survive. Unfortunately, I definately come from that stock and although I do not need much food to survive, I eat it anyway. If there is ever a famine, I have enough stored up to gaurantee I will be a survivor !!

Donya designed this lovely card, using the Cricut, Door County Stamps and Copic markers. She is a certified Copic instructor and teaches how to use all the materials and tools in the shop. Many times guests at the Dairy Barn B & B will have us open the shop after supper and they receive personal help and instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment