Sunday, March 15, 2009

The dna results are back

Maternal lineage test results for Geraldine Etter shows that I belong to the Haplogroup T, the Agrarians.

The interesting thing about this test: My sister and any daughters she has will have the exact same results, as well as my daughter and her daughters. Also, my female cousins from my mother's sisters will test the same. It goes all the way back 50,000 years of mother to daughter mtDNA. And forward as long as there are daughters.

There is a test for men with the same type of results, except it will test the same for all the fathers and sons.

I have discovered that my mother's group emerged around 50,000 years ago in the Near East, not long after the first modern humans left Africa. They likely remained in the Near East until about 15,000 years ago. They probably moved into Europe via present day Northern Italy. Today's Syrian, Palestinian and Turkish populations still have notable numbers of Agrarians.

To find the group my father would be in, I would need to have a brother or male cousin on my father's side, take the test. I would, indeed, belong to both groups even though I can not personally be tested for my father's Haplogroup.

Although I have just shown the front page of the results, the report is 6 pages long. There is mention of Vikings in my report. Since it is maternal, I doubt my ancestor had anything to do with raping and pillaging. heh heh heh


No comments:

Post a Comment