Monday, March 30, 2009

Yea! working on the walls again!!

I bought a bunch of book cases at Ikea in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, to put in the personal sitting room on the 3rd floor. (I love books and have many). So....

Yea ! The spirit(me) finally moved Don to finish the room. We have been using it for storage all this time, because he really does not like to tape and mud. Doesn't mind the texturing and painting, but is such a perfectionist he feels he can not tape and mud 'good enough'. At this point in time, ANYTHING is good enough.
The 10 foot high ceilings makes it more difficult. It IS an attic room, so there are many angles to have to deal with as well.
It is my job to put the trim on the door and get it painted. I was relieved to finally get the latch on the door. We keep our 2 cats in this area when we have guests .. and they were getting way too smart for us to just wedge a block of wood to hold the door shut. They figured out how to get it open and suprised us with a visit downstairs from time to time.

I hope the next photos I take will be of the finished project. But that might be a while, since Don can find many excuses not to get back to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment