Tuesday, March 10, 2009

dna test

For Christmas '08, my daughter Rhonda, laughed as I opened the gift she had for me. She said it was the oddest gift she had ever given anyone. It was a dna test kit. Fred asked her if she was trying to make sure I was her mother. She had ordered it from Ancestry.com. This month I finally opened and read the instructions.
The test was pretty simple. Wait at least 1/2 hour after eating, so you do not contaminate it with food. There are 3 long handled swabs and a special package to put them in after doing the test. First you stick a swab into your right cheek and rub it firmly for 30 seconds. Then the same with the second swab in your left cheek. About then Fred walked in and asked 'where do they tell you to put the 3rd swab?!!' Smart Alec. Actually, you rub inside your bottom lip for another 30 seconds. Then package it all up.....
And take it to your friendly Post Mistress and mail it. Then wait........

No comments:

Post a Comment