Friday, March 6, 2009

Tea etc.

I got carried away at the Family owned Oriental shop near Jeff's home in Florida. It is a good thing I did not see the push around cart when I went into the little store, and used the little shopper's basket. I got as far as the tea isle and stopped. My basket was filled to the top and running over by the time I got to the counter. I found coconut vinegar, sesame oil, fried sea weed, coco jam, horny goat weed tea.. and lots of other teas.

The fried sea weed is a snack that is eaten in place of potato chips. It is tasty, though a little fishy tasting. However, after you eat one of the strips.. in a little while you want another one. It is very healthy for you, unlike potato chips. Jeff's wife, Cindy, was at work when I made the buying trip and was interested to see what I was attracted to at the store. She laughed when she saw the sea weed and brought out her bag that was opened so I could taste it without opening mine.

After I arrived at Rhonda's in Kansas, I let her go through my box of goodies from the Oriental store and shared a few bags of the different teas. She spotted the sea weed so we opened it to share a taste. Mike and India also wanted a taste. Okay, I can spare a taste. The next morning while packing the tea back in the box so we could head back to Iowa, I could not find my bag of sea weed. So I asked if they knew where I put it. The look Rhonda gave me was 'deer in the headlights' before she told me "we ate it". They REALLY liked it. That sure makes it easy for me to know what to bring back to them from the next Florida trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment